Another reason why the Food and Drug Administration should be abolished. A 56-year-old Amish farmer is now facing time in a federal prison because he made a natural health product.
The FDA is trying to put Sam in jail for 58 YEARS for a labeling infraction.
Samuel Girod is the father of twelve and grandfather of 25. He produces natural products in his own kitchen. Since 2015, he has been facing a 112-count federal indictment.
LEXINGTON, Ky. (WKYT) – Court officials selected a jury and opening statements began in the trial of an Amish farmer who is accused of mislabeling products.
The charges against Samuel Girod include conspiracy, distributing misbranded drugs, and threatening a witness. A 2015 federal indictment said Girod sold a 'Chickweed Salve' that said 'Cures Cancer' on the label.
Girod's troubles started back in 2013 when someone reported his products to the state health department in Missouri. A federal judge in Missouri ruled that FDA officials must complete inspections of the property where Girod made his products which is where Kentucky comes into play.
Girod makes his products on the family farm along Satterfield Lane in Bath County. The farm is home to Girod and his wife, along with their 12 children and 25 grandchildren.
The FDA requires anyone who manufactures a defined drug to register their facility with them. The Girod farm is not registered. According to the indictment, the FDA says their officers were prevented from conducting an inspection at the farm.
Girod is representing himself. He has many supporters gathered at the federal courthouse in Lexington for his trial.
Read more: https://www.healthnutnews.com/ron-pau/
CALL TO ACTION!
UPDATE from a friend of Samuel Girod:
Here’s how you can help
1. We beg President Trump to issue an immediate pardon for Sam. Please sign this petition: https://bit.ly/freeamishsam. Sam's trial is in 4 weeks.
2. An email to Trump could only help: https://www.whitehouse.gov/contact
3. We sincerely hope that Atty General Sessions will step in and stop this gov't abuse. A quick email to him will help: https://www.justice.gov/contact-us
4. Call or email your legislators, all of them. Your U.S. Senators and House Reps as well as your state legislators, even if you don't live in KY. Just do a search on your legislator's name and you'll find a phone number or email address.
5. Donate to Sam's legal fees: https://www.gofundme.com/supportsamnow